Saturday, February 27, 2010

Editing Photos Not By Greatest Skill!

To PIXLR or PICNIK?

I vote PICNIK. For someone that was dragged kicking & screaming from the world of 35 MMM film to a digital camera, I found the PICNIK web site much easier to use for an unnatural techie. When I first uploaded a picture to PIXLR, it took me awhile to understand how to access the tools. I thought the PICNIK site was much more intutitive. I did like how dragging your mouse over each PIXLR icon, quickly explained what the various tools could be used for in photo editing. I also think the PIXLR site would appeal more to people who really enjoy making many changes to photos & it seems to allow more creativity than PICNIK. On neither site, could I figure out how to change colors of specific components of the pictures. Resizing was really simple on PICNIK. I was not able to upload the corrected photo to either Facebook or Flickr directly. I intend to check out the red eye function soon, as I take a lot of pictures of people. I wish I had more time to practice with the sites!

No comments:

Post a Comment