Thursday, April 8, 2010

FOURSQUARE

I watched the video on the Foursquare web site to learn how to use this latest invasion of personal privacy! I do not own one of the devices you need to download the application, so I could not try it myself. My immediate reaction was to worry about the absolute havoc it could cause amongst the pre-teen & teen populations.Knowing where all your friends are at this age could be devastating for kids. All I could think of was being able to know people were getting together & YOU were not invited! I am sure Foursquare could be a wonderful tool for the right type of professional...UPS is already utilizing GPS with drivers...doctors & nurses could use it effectively in hosptials...stores to locate available employees....fireman or miners to track locations....etc....!

I also noticed that there are several glitches with Foursquare that companies offering check-in promotions are quickly learning. I think I will avoid this one for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment