I will never be a movie director, that's for sure!
Although I loved Ginny's Talking book presentation, I would need a lot more training to personally put together a professional screencast. I found this project to be one of the more frustrating assignments. 9 out of 10 times that I tried to work on it, I received Paul Chang's error message that KCPL had exceeded our bandwidth and could not access the screencast-o-matic web site. I ended up using a combination of PowerPoint slides and web access to produce it. The timing of the slides are way off and I could not get the screencast window to properly size the pages I was looking at each time. I am sure if I had a couple of hours and a little guidance, I could finetune the video.
I think KCPL should definitely invest in software to create other "How To" library videos, similar to those found on the Commoncraft web site. With adequate training, the staff could easily make tasks easy for parons to understand. I think there is a serious need right now for a screencast that teaches patrons how to download books onto E-Readers that is simple to understand.people get nervous about downloading software & other requirements.
I marked my video "private," not sure if that was the right thing to do. The link to it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=976h8adc880. The name of of it is: How To Register For A Computer Class On_line."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment