Saturday, March 13, 2010

GOOGLE SEARCH

I enjoyed perusing the various tools now available in Google Search. The site has certainly become a one stop shop for useful information needed on a daily basis. However, several of the tools have yet to be refined. The stock quote tool sometimes brings up accurate information and sometimes brings up web sites totally unrelated to the stock symbol. This feature does not hold a candle to sites like Morningstar, Fidelity or Vanguard. I also did not feel the dictionary tool was all that helpful. I do like the currency conversion options & the weather tools. With basketball season upon us, the sports scores feature will also come in handy for many people.

My favorite new found gem was the suggestion to add an asterisk to an end of a question in google to get an answer. I did not notice mention of another cool Google feature....the ability to print biking routes... this is great, considering the current popularity of the sport!

No comments:

Post a Comment