Thursday, March 18, 2010

WolframAlpha

5:22 AM & still trying to find time outside of two jobs to keep up with this class!

I watched the WolframAlpha introduction video & immediately thought of a dozen people whom I could not wait to tell about the site! I was impressed with how easy it was to access straight forward numerical information & actually how to do math problems. A neat feature was the ability to explore the past weather for any date in recordable time. My husband was impressed with the opportunity to enter health information, particulary stats on today's optimal physical standards. My most interesting search for me & the best tool I found, was the ability to enter several stock symbols at one time. The database then pulled up a comparison chart of several companies in the same industry. I found it easy to see which one among them was performing the best in their particular industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment